17 January 2018


    Bali United successfully vanquished its opponent Tampines Rovers 3-1 in last night’s Asian Champions League first qualifying round match at Kapten I Wayan Dipta Stadium, Gianyar. Bali’s three goals was scored by Fadil Sausu, Ilija Spasojevic, and Hanis Saghara. Tampines Rovers’ only goal came through Shannon Stephen.
    Bali United started the game with high spirits. Just 17 seconds after kick-off, the first chance of the game fell to Stefano Lilipaly, but Tampines’ goalkeeper, Syazwan Bin Buhari was equal to his shot.
    In the eight and twelfth minute, Stefano Lilipaly and Ricky Fajrin again tested Tampines’ resolve, but Syazwan Bin Buhari comfortably made saves on both attempts.
    The deadlock was eventually broken by Fadil Sausu’s long range effort, which sent the whole stadium into pandemonium as Bali United leads 1-0.
    Despite the lead, Bali United relentlessly pressed Tampines Rovers’ defense but could not find a second goal. Instead, the visitors were able to equalize thanks to Shannon Stephen’s header three minutes before the break.
    The first half scoreline reads 1-1, which did not reflect the host’s dominance over the visitors.
    In the second half, Bali United continued to pressurize Tampines Rovers’ defense. Just past the hour mark, Syazwan’s net bulged for the second time thanks to Ilija Spasojevic’s fantastic effort. From a tight angle, Spaso sent a looping shot that sailed over the goalkeeper’s outstretched arm. This was Spaso’s first goal for his new team.
    But the visitors continued to threaten, and nearly equalized in the 71st minute, but Fazrul Nawaz header was brilliantly denied by Wawan Hendrawan, the man between Bali United’s post.
    In injury time, Bali United puts the game to rest with Hanis Saghara’s driven shot. For Saghara, who stepped off the bench to replace Irfan Bachdim, this also marked his first goal for Bali United.
    A few minutes later, the referee blows his whistle, the scoreline reads 3-1 for Bali United.
    After the game, Bali United’s head coach, Widodo Cahyono Putro was grateful for his side’s victory. He thanked the player’s valiant effort and for the support from the supporters in the stands.
    “Certainly, I am grateful for this win. I’d like to thank the players, those who were on the field and on the bench. The supporters were outstanding today. They kept singing throughout the game and that gave us extra energy. This is our achievement in the first game. Hopefully we can continue to win in the next game,” state Coach Widodo.
    With this win, Serdadu Tridatu moves on to the second qualifying round where they will visit Chiangrai United in Thailand, next Tuesday (23/1).

Outstanding Serdadu Tridatu!

Related News

Tinggalkan Balasan